March 10, 2008
Global Mindshift, through its website, www.conversationweek.org asked people to submit what we consider the ten most important questions of our time. One of the facilitators in Awakening the Dreamer, Changing the Dream symposiums had some of her questions selected (I’m also a facilitator: www.awakeningthedreamer.org]
I don't think there's much to say other than "Here they are":
- How can we best prepare our children for the future?
- What does sustainability look like to you? How do we get there?
- How do humans need to adapt to survive the changes predicted for this century?
- How do we shift from "Me" to "We" on both the local and global levels?
- How can you, as Gandhi said, be the change that you want to see in the world?
- What kind of economic structures can best support a shift to sustainable living?
- How should we re-invent the political process so that people feel that they have a voice?
- What kind of leadership does the world need now?
- How can we balance our personal needs with the most pressing needs of our community and the larger world?
- What can we do to reduce or eliminate violence in the world?
Responses came in from 39 countries – from Uganda to Mexico to Singapore to Serbia to India to the US – making Global Conversation Week 2008 truly global.
No. There is something else to say: What are your answers? How can you get your friends to read and answer for themselves?
Peace starts with a smile
Mother Teresa, Catholic Nun and Nobel Peace Prize winner
Truth fears no questions.
The art and science of asking questions is the source of all knowledge.
The one who asks questions doesn't lose his way
What’s Important only matters
When we make it urgent
Because urgent I can understand,
Keeping my appointments
And brushing my teeth
Getting my car fixed
And watching the Mets
Getting enough sleep
And taking my meds;
Growing my business.
Don’t bother me with saving the world
I leave that to my wife.
I’ll watch The Inconvenient Truth
And vote the right way.
That just has to be
I have five blogs:
Creating Today - A daily journal on creativity
Contributing Coaching - Creating New Futures
Blogging for the Reading - Making a Difference in how we Create
Michael's Articles - articles that don't fit anywhere else.
Michael's Poetry - Words From My Fingers
You can now sign up to get all my BLOG updates by email – there are up to four of them. In the right hand column of my blog, under Blogroll, click on FeedBlitz – You will get posts by email.